Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Well that time of year has come and gone again. The Rennaisance Faire. Wow, and that's about all Ihave to say. It's special to me for a number of reasons. I get to dress up in period costume and wander around and not stand out. There are always spiffy people there who like to talk about the Rennaisance which is always interesting to learn about... The music, the food.. Mike in thigh high black leather boots.. And speaking of Mike, it's the fact that we've now been dating for 3 years. Wow. Who'da thunk it? I sure wouldn't have.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't want to meet him in the first place, but it amazes me daily the love he has brought into my life. He is just the most perfect sweetest man ever. Yes, he is. I love him. And that in itself is amazing. Real love is a trip. This person, you want to be with them. All of the time. And the more you are with them, the more you want to be with them, to the extent that it feels like it will never be enough. Even the knowledge that you will spend your whole lifes together, it's not enough. We are four hours apart, but that is only physically. Our hearts, and our souls abide in a higher plane of consiousness. They are together, even though we are apart. People ask why are we still together? aren't long distance relationships hard? To which i reply -- that's crap.

Relationships require work and commitment, most of which the people intoday's times do not even try to do. I wake up everymorning with Mike on my mind. Every morning I say, "I love this man; we are going to last." No one else even catches my eye. Sure I hang out with guys, in fact taht's just about the only people i hang out with.. but, they're nothing more than buddies. I think of them more like I do my brother than any sort of Romantic interest. Sure, I miss Mike. I miss him all the time. Most nights there is nothing I want more than just to feel his arms around me. That's the absolute worst part.. I miss his kisses, and I miss his arms. Just the way he holds me let's me know i matter to him.. the way he holds me tells me that he will protect me.


Geez, sorry guys. Didn't mean to get all mushy strange on you.. I'll just go back to picturing Mike in his black leather boots again.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aww... I just teared up... and a big AMEN to everything you said. Yep. This is Dee, btw.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home