Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

So, in case you haven't already heard me whine, my vertigo is acting up. So, just so you know what it is I cut a small blurb about vertigo to show you what it is.

The term vertigo refers to the sensation of spinning or whirling that occurs as a result of a disturbance in balance (equilibrium). It also may be used to describe feelings of dizziness, lightheadedness, faintness, and unsteadiness. The sensation of movement is called subjective vertigo and the perception of movement in surrounding objects is called objective vertigo.

Vertigo usually occurs as a result of a disorder in the vestibular system (i.e., structures of the inner ear, the vestibular nerve, brainstem, and cerebellum). The vestibular system is responsible for integrating sensory stimuli and movement and for keeping objects in visual focus as the body moves.

Symptoms:

  • Fatigue and reduced stamina
  • Headache
  • Heart palpitations (rapid fluttering of the heart)
  • Imbalance
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Increased risk for motion sickness
  • Muscle ache (especially of the neck and back)
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Reduced cognitive function (i.e., thinking and memory)
  • Sensitivity to bright lights and noise
  • Sweating
  • Blurred Vision
All the above was ganked from www.neurologychannel.com.

... I was gonna write (and whine,) a whole lot more, but I decided that I'm just going to go ahead and go to the clinic. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home