Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ah lolcat bible, how you see me through the day....

Weekends suck. Period.

Funny how you can learn so much material, and still know so little. But such is the nature of medicine... specifically pharmacogenomics. I think part of what makes it worse is that "they" don't know everything. Kinda irks me when I stop to think that most of the material I am learning now will be outdated in a couple of years or so. They still make such a big deal out of it now.

In my opinion, the main thing they should be teaching us is how to do successful research, and to understand what we're reading. Basics in chemistry (and all that metabolism) is good, too. But guidelines are continuously morphing, new drugs are synthesized, and old drugs are discontinued/ or given for completely different disease states. I wish I could know it all, but I never will. With good research skills, I can look up anything I need to know though.

I'm keeping the roomie's dog this weekend, and I have broken out into hives both nights. Guess we know I'm allergic to dogs (which I already knew.) I've been debating about doubling up on the zyrtec. It's supposed to be dosed q24, but it wouldn't hurt me to do q12. I mean after all, I have hives right now. Itchy itchy. Funnily enough, we're studying antihistamines right now. Oh, and pulmonary. Yay pulmonary.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, I'd kind of forgotten that this exists. I should not do that again...
    Anyway, just stopped by to say hi and have a good day. squeaksqueakersqueaksqueaken!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home