Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Monday, November 05, 2007

I just got off the phone with Dr. Albert, DVM. He confirmed what I feared he would confirm: Joker is in the beginnings of Chronic Renal Failure.

I have spent the weekend intermittently crying and being hopeful. Joker is 16 years old. It was to be expected. It doesn't help my feeling that I feel I might understand it a bit better than the common pet owner. We've studied this in my classes. There is no treatment. Well, I take that back... but I can't afford dialysis and I also cannot condone paying that much money to put a kitty on dialysis.

Apparently though, I also caught it very early on. A diet change of cat food with less protein can help.

I've had him forever, and it's hard to think that he won't be there. Every time he goes to his water bowl it makes me a little sad.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home