Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

So, it's not that I've been neglecting my blog, but I've been busy. And currently I should really get to cleaning my room. However, I thought you all might like an update on my mind...

I'M GOING HOME!

Ok, so not home as in Heaven. But my "Heaven" on Earth. And I have four tests next week, so I question the sanity of my own actions.

So Josh brought forth another good sermon tonight, one that spoke to me yet again. Destiny, the calling on my life. If anyone would like to speak Prophecy into my life and give me a clue as to what and where I need to be going/doing I'd love to have it. Unfortunately I get the feeling it will still just be a time of preparedness for me. I feel tightly pulled as it is. I'm trying to just take it a day at a time. I've never really been an overexuberantly emotional person, and if something is bugging me I was always the one to hide it, and to keep it to myself. I never want to tell people my thoughts. And since I've come to Auburn it's been what I would term an "emotional rollercoaster." Only... I haven't done as much coasting. Coasting signifies smoothness. It's NOT smooth.

Denise is following her calling, by starting a small group Bible study for the Volleyball team at Miss State. She's more than freaking out. She's never felt herself a leader or capable of being in the spotlight. Amazing how God calls the unqualified. In our weakness he is made strong. He used Gideon.. who was hiding in a closet! So now I ask for a few things, Prayer for her wisdom in leading the study, and for courage to do it. I'm just giddy for her because I know what she is doing is right.. so why can't I figure my own stuff out?

I wrote down all the prophecies that had been spoken over me since my salvation. The first was on the day of my salvation. The evangelist said that I would one day sing the songs of Zion. And I do love to sing. Sean Smith spoke over me some, I had asked him simply for prayer that I felt he had a word for me. Not nessecarily my calling... though I'd have loved to hear it. He said a few things. He said that I was a protected and loved one of Jesus. He called me Mary, the one who sits at the feet of Jesus. He also said something about me being an intercessor with prayer, and the last was missions. He said the word popped in his head, he didn't know why or what it meant. And lastly, at the end of my discipleship class I had three lovely people from XA praying over me. Sarah, Kelly and Brian. Brian spoke over me that I was a lover of the unlovable, a discipler and that I had a boldness of self. Kelly was sensing that I had a spiritual push from God (which I am totally feeling), that there was an equal push from my surroundings (which is also occuring..), and that God had placed his protection around me. Sarah called me a connector, and also she saw a mobile barrier of protection. That where ever I went, there was my comfort zone.

Hmm, it is good to go back and review these things. I'm glad that i had written them down as they happened because I would have quickly forgotten things people had said. Specifically Kelly's prophecy of the spiritual push from God.

Well guys, only one last thing, just saftey as I drive home. Since it's already midnight and I haven't done ANY cleaning.. I won't get too much sleep tonight. Here's hoping I don't fall asleep behind the wheel!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have fun back home Becca. Quite some inspiring words you have recevied.

     
  • At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    PS that was John

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home