Spaz

This is my lil corner of the internet to be filled as I please -- sorry if I offend.

Friday, February 25, 2005

So I sit here, 1 in the morning, all packed up for spring retreat. Excited, pumped, nervous... and sad.
And you say, "Wait a minute! Did I read that right? Sad? How can that go in that sentence?"
Sad because I will not be going home this weekend... and again you say "But Becca! You went home last weekend."
To which I will respond: "Your point..?"

What is it about home that draws me? Lord knows there is nothing to do there. Mother and I were talking the other day, about how there is "nothing" to do in Auburn. But if you compare the two cities.. Auburn has waaay more potential. And I would rather be in Leighton. I haven't ever really been a busy body. I'd much rather sit at home with a good book, or a good friend either in my lap (Joker) or beside me (Mike ^_^.) Mother says that when we get the trailer this next year Joker will be sent down with me. I think it'll be nice to have a warm fuzzy body to sleep with.. he keeps me less lonely. Not that i'm terribly lonely, God has blessed me with more friends down here than I ever had at home. I do not lack in that area. But when it's 1 am and I'm staring at the ceiling, I feel kinda lonely and forgotten. I really do miss my kitty.

But... Panama City! Whoo hoo. (Note, there is only slight sarcasm here, and all the sarcasm relates to the fact that in reality I hate the beach.) I'm excited about the retreat for a number of reasons: To hang out with and get to know the people I've met in XA, Singing with the praise band, and most importantly growing with God! Lately I've worried so about others, that I've ignored my ownself and needs. Here's to righting that wrong! Spring retreat, here I come! (Hmm, that almost rhymed...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home